Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Microsoft Research eScience Workshop 2005

Next week (6th and 7th of October) I will attend the Microsoft Research eScience workshop 2005 in Redmond, Washington, USA. According to the workshop site "this workshop provides a unique opportunity to learn and affect what is happening in the realm of data intensive scientific computing within Microsoft. Attendees will learn first hand from early adopters using Microsoft Windows, Microsoft .NET, Microsoft SQL Server, and Web services in these problem spaces, as well as explore in-depth how modern database technologies and techniques are being applied to scientific computing. By providing a forum for scientists and researchers to share their experiences and expertise with the wider academic and research communities, this workshop will foster collaboration, facilitate the sharing of software components and techniques, and establish a vision for Microsoft Windows and .NET in data intensive scientific computing."
Because I work with all the above mencioned technologies, I'm interested in studying how I can use or extend them regarding the subject of my thesis. Specially I'm interested in research how I can develop "intelligent" web services that can be helpful in Multi-Agent Systems. Those web services should be able to do more than "connect" several different systems. They should have an "intelligent" behavior when participating in those "connections" and/or in completing any task.
I'm interested in your opinion regarding this subject. Do you have any questions that you would like to post? Do you agree or disagree with my point of view? Do you think that Web Services technology can have an important place in Muit-agent systems or do you think that we do not need them.
Please use the comments below and put all the questions and/or observations that you want. I will use them during the workshop to present this subject to the other attendess.

No comments: